Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Requiem

Due to a sudden clash of ideologies between myself and some of the players the game has been canceled.  So it with deep sadness that I must report that this version of the world of Aereth was hit by an asteroid the size of a small moon today.  The destruction was so complete that only chunks of superfluid rock and hard radiation remain.  There were no survivors.  I do apologize to the readers for the sudden crash landing of the storyline.

Alas... Ordinum Gallinaceo the chicken flew well, but landed poorly.

{Game Clock Ends}

There are nearly 300 pages of material wrapped up in this tale; counting the entries for the open beta tests archived on the Goodman Games site.  I had intended to write this down as a novel where in all the actions of the villains would be seen by the reader... But I've decided that it is better to torch it and start over with something else.

For the immediate future I'll be using this space to display the mini's and models that I'll now have the time to work on.  Eventually I will get back to some story telling; but for now I'd like to leave you all with the following passage:

"If we shadows have ofended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding than a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call:
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends."

-Shakespeare; Pucks closing words; from A Midsummer-night's Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment